Monday, July 9, 2012

Keeping up with activity

Mood: good!
Energy: fair
Physical symptoms: minimal

I made sure to stay active this past weekend. My dear friend, Kara, and I have a little Saturday routine of mall-walking while we push the baby in a stroller. We top out around 4 miles in the mall before it opens for shopping. I always thought mall-walking was for old folks (and there are a fair amount of them walking alongside us!), but we get a good workout!

In addition, we have taken up a Zumba class on Sunday nights. I nearly cancelled my attendance at class last night! I felt that old familiar fatigue creeping in and thought for sure that going to Zumba would make it worse.

Happily, I was wrong!

I gave Zumba my all for about the first 20 minutes, then ran at about 65-70% for the remaining 40 minutes. Surprisingly, I felt better after class and feel pretty darn good today!

I don't know that keeping up with activity will be the answer each time I'm feeling fatigued. In fact, I can think of a few times where more activity made things worse. Nonetheless, keeping track of the details might be able to help me determine when more activity is warranted and when it is not.

I hope you have a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment