Thursday, August 9, 2012

Acupuncture, Energy, and Laughter



In the latest installment of my journey to wellness, I had a fantastic visit with my lady friends from graduate school. We all hunkered down to watch movies, sit by the pool, and make very inappropriate music videos. I would post one here for you all to see,...but I may not get invited back for next year.  We laughed our arses off. The kind of laughing where your throat gets soar and your eyes water. Ooooh, it's like fuel for the soul.

One of my dear lady friends at this girls' weekend recently lost her older brother. Part of her journey of grief and recovery from this traumatic loss has been to work with an energy worker to help clear the energy sitting stagnant. She described her experience with this energy worker as powerful and enlightening. My interest was piqued.

I set up an appointment with the energy worker and had a very moving experience. She read chakras, she allowed for energy clearing, and had some clairvoyant capabilities, as well. I won't bore you with the details of this experience, but I had an excellent opportunity to help my body and emotions catch up with the progress my mind has made in terms of forgiveness and healing.

My acupuncture appointments have been going well, too. I enjoy being in the presence of my acupuncturist Stefanie Beniek and having time to relax and heal. She placed some tiny magnets in my ears as acupressure points and the things are still in there after a week!  I hope that doesn't say anything about my hygeine.

I continue to experiment with my diet. I have been intentionally seeking out gluten free options when I can find them. I'm beginning to wonder whether the fatigue I feel when I eat sugar is actually due to gluten. It's so hard for me to tell if I don't completely start from scratch and add back foods individually. I don't have that kind of patience. And...with two small children...it almost seems like a luxury to be so patient.

Sending you love and good energy! Make a great day for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment